Aug 6, 2026

I just had to see…

How fast I could get in and out and get something up on the blog. I’ve been really bad lately. I’ve started a bunch of things and then just run out of steam even though the drafts queue has something of a logjam going on.

Summer is going by way… way… way too fast and honesty I’m just not taking advantage of it the way I should be. There’s plenty of yardwork to do, lots of things to do around the house but all of it is getting undone or even just not started.

Days fly by, weeks rocket past and I simple don’t know where the time goes.

I’m also struggling lately it seems. I don’t know what changed but things are very, very tight. I’m someone who doesn’t like being in debt and I can’t say that I am deep in debt but because of the situation I am living a very monk like existence.

There is so much shit around here that I simply need to sell, stuff that takes up space and that really is worth money that people will buy it but I have to get off of my lazy ass and follow through.

Work has been up and down and that’s likely part of the problem. I thought I would be able to coast through the rest of the summer but some internal dynamics have made the job a helluva lot more difficult that it should be. Holding people’s hand to get them to do their fucking job correctly and running interference with a client isn’t fun.

I really don’t need to spend time covering for the people on my team who are fucking up and somehow think they are being put upon to do their jobs which is something I admittedly find amazing.

I have to admit to being a little worried that the company would bag on me early even though my contract is supposed to run through the end of the year but it’s sounding like that’s just me stressing for no reason and I’ve even made inroads to the point where if my contract for the current role I’m in ends there may be another position in the company they would want me for (this is a good thing).

I actually had someone tell me that if my contract winds up ending and they are cutting me loose to let them know because people with my skills are hard to find and they will be looking for a place for me.

 I don’t want to work FOREVER but I do need to work for another couple of years before I could retire and even then things will be tight so if I can extend it until 70 and increase that SSI payout, why not although one wonders if it will be there when I do retire and if it’s not well I’ll be really fucked!

 Anyway, hope your summer is going well. I have a vacation coming up so I’m looking forward to doing lots of fun things I’ve been putting off! 

No comments: